PARTY CARICATURES WORKSHOP
THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELED
May 18, 2022 | 10AM- 5PM
Venue: Stage & Screen FX, 3800 Oceanic Dr, Unit 108, Oceanside, CA 92056
In this workshop I will be teaching attendees how to draw Party Caricatures.
Why take this workshop?
Party Caricatures are a great way to add to your list of party entertainment services.
1) You can social distance from the person you are drawing.
2) It's more sanitary (no need to sanitize between people and no boogies to wipe off)
3) No paint clean up afterwards (no brushes to wash, sponges to wash, no kit to clean)
4) You have less to haul into a gig. For caricatures you bring in 4 items - an easel, a drawing board, paper and pens. That's it.
5) Less competition. How many caricatures artists do you know? You probably know more face painters.
What will you learn?
In this hands-on workshop for beginners, I will show you how to draw fun Party Caricatures.
In the beginning of the workshop, I will cover supplies (paper, markers) and your set up (How to set up your easel, how to have the person sit, etc.). We will cover everything you need to have a successful day of drawing party caricatures.
For the next part of the workshop, I will break down drawing the face into each of the caricature components - Nose, Eyes, Eyelids, Mouth, Eyebrows, Ears, Hair, Cheeks, Chin, Freckles, Glasses, Facial Hair, Hats, The Body, The Background, The Name, World Bubbles and their Captions.
For the last part of the workshop, we will cover dozens of funny themes such as beach scenes, sports, swimming, etc. I will show you simple tips, tricks and techniques to tailor the caricature to the person you are drawing.
Throughout this crash course, there will be lots of practicing in the class throughout the day. I will be there to help you fine tune your caricature drawing skills. I will also answer any Q&A regarding party caricatures and running a party caricature business.
BONUS: I will also show you how to draw ZOMBIE CARICATURES!!
SIGN UP TODAY!
$125 per person
RSVP & PAYMENT:
Payment for this workshop secures your spot in the class.
Sign up for the workshop here...
Spots are on a first come, first serve basis - thus no spots will be saved.
No refunds if you have to cancel.
If I (Pashur) have to cancel, you would be refunded.
PASHUR WILL SUPPLY:
11x17 Caricature Paper
THINGS FOR YOU TO BRING:
Sturdy Standing Easel (not a table easel) with a bar to set your drawing board.
Lightweight Drawing Board and a Clamp (to hold the paper in place). Board should be big enough to set 11x17 paper on.
Lots of Regular Black Sharpies (black marker)
Pen & Paper (for taking notes)
Water & Snacks for during the break
DO NOT TO BRING:
Video Cameras or Audio Recording Equipment
A Cold (if you are sick - be courteous to yourself and others and stay home)
A friend, relative, chaperone, chauffeur or your child
(unless they have paid for the class, and they still must be at least 15 years old)
You must be at least 15 years old to take this workshop.
We will have a 1 hour break for lunch. Lunch expenses are on your own.
Contact me at: Pashur@CanvasAlive.com
1) We will be practicing on each other in the class - do not bring a model.
2) All caricatures will be done in black and white. No airbrush will be shown.
3) No Video Taping or Audio Recording Allowed in Pashur's Workshops/Classes
4) Workshop Details Subject to Change Without Notice